Updated: Dec 16, 2021
THE PROBLEM: Adams received a call from a worried homeowner. She had noticed that the switch that her computer was plugged into had sparked when she had switched it on and was starting to cause a black discolour around the switch.
When the homeowner called Adams, our administrator advised the homeowner to remove the computer plug safely if she could do so and avoid using the plug until the electrician inspected it later in the afternoon. Once our Adams electrician arrived at the site, he traced the arching and blackening switch back to a worn switch. The electrician removed the faulty switch and replaced with a new double plug. The homeowner was pleased with a new plug so she could continue to use her computer and skype her daughter overseas.
Problem solving easily.